I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October

Nadira got baptized!!! And so did Jasmine!! I'll send you pictures. They were both really good baptisms. Nadira started crying and we asked her why afterwards and she said because she felt the Spirit so strongly. Now let me ask you guys a question. If this wasn't the right thing to do, and if this wasn't God's true Church, WHY would He give her such an overwhelmingly good feeling at her baptism and the next day at her confirmation??
Personally, that's just a testimony builder for me.

Jasmine's baptism went really well too. Her husband was able to baptize her. I could tell that she was really nervous beforehand, but after she came up out of the water then she had this huge smile on her face and she knew that what she had done was the right thing to do too. I love my mission!!

So I found out that I'll be able to go to conference with Elder Reed this weekend. yeahhh buddy! We're going to the Saturday morning session. And we're taking Tearsha and her friend who was baptized in January. That should be a lot of fun. We have some pretty good seats. She's excited to see conference too!

We went to Elder Durfee's district meeting this week. He's one of our new district leaders, but he did pretty well. He was having a hard time thinking of a fun activity to do for the meeting to show some type of principle that we all could work on so he asked me for a suggestion. And he used it! It was a lot of fun. He's a great teacher, too. 

We went on exchanges with Elder Banks and Elder Davidson, the assistants. They are both really fun to be with. I went with Elder Banks to his area. It was fun talking to everyone we saw and seeing some crazy weird people in his area. He's such a boss missionary. He said he wants to be comps with me so who knows, maybe he'll pull some strings!

The weather is cooling off a lot which is nice. Bring on the winter! Actually, let me enjoy fall a little bit first. Then bring it on. haha.

I love ya!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment