I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October... is... awesome.

"President Ezra Taft Benson taught: "We are commanded by God to take this gospel to all
the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the gospel will save the world
from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races
and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the
human family" (The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson [1988], 167)." -Preach My Gospel, p.2

Such an awesome quote. And I would say from the looks of things, it's pretty fitting. Especially now, 25 years later. THAT'S why missionary work is so important. THAT'S why there are so many missionaries going out into the field right now. THAT'S why the Lord is hastening His work. God is in control, no matter how crazy things get out in this world. Eventually, "All that is unfair about life
can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." -Preach My Gospel, p.52

We just need to involve God in our lives more, and He will help us get through anything and everything we go through.This life is the time we have to prepare to meet God. He's our loving Heavenly Father. So why wouldn't He try and help us? 

General Conference was so awesome. There were so many good talks given that really helped out me in my life, and I'm sure many others in their lives. I love the fact that even though they prepare their talks months in advance, if you go into it having questions in your mind or written down, THEY ARE ANSWERED. How is that not evidence that these really are God's servants here on earth? Man. 

We got to go downtown with Tearsha and her friend Ray. They're both super awesome. Ray was baptized in January this year and he and Tearsha grew up together in the same high school. He is on fire! He kept saying things like "oh wait, that's only for people with the GOSPEL in their lives..." but then she would respond "HEY! the 26th isn't THAT far away, give me a break I'm working on it!!" hahaha. Her baptism is going to be awesome. We took a picture outside of the conference center, I'll send it home. We got about 3 pictures taken of us so maybe we'll be in the Ensign magazine, look for me! ;)

We had some cool experiences traveling there, though. There were a lot of peolpe that asked us where they needed to go. And each time we replied "just follow us". It's cool though because we're representatives of Jesus Christ and that's what He told us when He was here on the earth. Well actually He still does today, haha. And Quinten L. Cook walked right past us when we were getting out of the conference center! He walked past too fast for us to say hi to him though sadly. Oh well.

Shawn Barlow is getting baptized this friday, and then Olivia on the 19th, and Tearsha on the 26th. Things are getting exciting!! Well, they're always exciting. hahaha. We're taking Tearsha to temple square tonight so I'll have pictures of that too. But that will have to wait until next week.

This week was so boss. I love my mission. Every single day something awesome happens. Look for cool miracles and spiritual things that happen in your life. I know they're there!

Love ya
Elder Wilson

Elder Reed, Elder Wilson, Tearsha, and Ray at the conference center downtown!




No comments:

Post a Comment