I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Transfers! [But not for me]

This week is transfers! But I'm not moving anywhere. Elder Ahrens is finally getting out of town, he's been here for 5 months now so he was ready to get out, I could tell haha. But I'm getting Elder Reed, he's a really great missionary and a hard worker. So it will be fun. I'll be here until at least September 4th so that will be cool. 

We gave a member named Chris Nutting a blessing this week. He was having a down week and so we went over there to teach him a little bit about how he can be happy again with the gospel. But yeah we gave him a blessing, and he said he felt really good and warm afterwards. Thank goodness for the Spirit!! But something that was super cool was that during the blessing, I literally felt like someone's hands were on mine as we were giving him the blessing. So much that I looked during the blessing to make sure there wasn't a pair of hands there. They say that angels whisper to you when you're giving the blessing, so it's very possible! It was an amazing experience and a definite testimony builder. 

Nestor is progressing well, he is going to be interviewed for baptism this Saturday. He's been coming to church every week and loves it so that's pretty cool. He's a great kid with a big heart. This week there was a lot of cancellations in appointments, but I know that that's just to strengthen my/our faith. It stinks that people use their agency to drink and smoke and just choose bad habits in general instead of using their agency to do something good and productive that will bring them closer to God. ugh. One of the most frustrating things as a missionary. 

Speaking of missionary work, as a mission we are reading from The Book of Mormon and looking for how often it references missionary work. It's pretty dang cool!, I found so much doctrine of Christ! He is all over the place in there. But what I liked from my reading this week was in Jacob chapter 3 verse 1. "Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause". That gave me so much comfort knowing that He will be there for me. He will help us find more people to teach, more people to baptize. But the key that I found was that we need to pray to him with EXCEEDING FAITH. Not just a little faith, but with exceeding faith. And THEN will He answer us. He's up there willing and waiting to hear from us and wanting to help us but He respects our agency so much that He waits until we ask first. I love that! :)
I'm excited to be with Elder Reed. He's a great missionary from what I've heard, and so I'm excited to see what we can do in this area and in this zone. I love this work!! 

Love, ElderWilson

No comments:

Post a Comment