I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Utah Weather is BIPOLAR.

The weather here has been insane. Yesterday it was overcast in the morning, raining in the afternoon, SNOWING around 3 or 4, then sunny and so hot that we started sweating by dinner at 5. Then it got really overcast and rained the rest of the night. We still have to wear suit coats which normally wouldn't be the best thing in the world but since the weather has been so cold it's not too bad.

So this week went pretty well. We found a lot of people that are interested in learning about the Gospel. And we set up appointments for today and tomorrow! We are completely booked. Today P-day ends at 6pm, then we have an appointment at 6, 7, and 8. Tomorrow we have district meeting until 2:30, then we have appointments at 3, 4, dinner at 5, then more appointments at 6, 7, and 8!!! insane. Then we're home by 9 so we are literally booked. But it's a good problem to have, so I am definitely not complaining.

So we were going to visit a referral one day and as we were walking up the stairs to an apartment complex I could smell a really strong scent. It smelled like laundry soap for some reason. Then I felt something drip on me. Yup. I looked up and the WHOLE stairwell was dripping a ton of soap down to us. At least I won't have to dry clean my suit for a while now. ;)

Then yesterday at the same apartment complex we were visiting a recent convert and her 3 year old little boy ran up to us. He wanted to pray so of course we all listened to him. All of us busted up laughing at his prayer though, because he said 
"Dear Heaven Father.... thank you for food... Coffee is for little kids. AMEN!!" Then ran away. hahaha it was priceless. He's a pretty crazy little kid.

We got a new person "on date" to be baptized, which is pretty awesome. Her name is Courtney Strong and her little brother just got baptized about a year ago. He's really strong. Spiritually. Pun intended. He passes the Sacrament, wants to go on a mission, goes to the temple a lot, he's just really solid. But he's been there to support her which has been really beneficial. She has a lot of really good questions which we're excited to answer because that means that she is really trying to learn. She's on date for May 4th. 

Elder Turner and I get along pretty well which is awesome because there's always those companions that you just won't mesh with. But we work hard, are obedient and still have fun. We're seeing some really great things happen in our area recently. Praying for miracles really helps a lot. It shows the Lord that you have the faith to rely on Him for things, instead of thinking you can do it yourself. It's pretty awesome that way actually, because when He answers your prayers it strengthens your testimony that much more. We ran into a few Atheists this week. It's so depressing that you don't/can't believe in God. I mean I can see how people might not believe that Joseph Smith really saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but I do NOT see how they can't believe in God at all. He is ALL AROUND US. (Moses 6:63). But there's only one thing we can do as missionaries, and that is to invite people. To share what we know and what we believe, and let them choose whether or not they want to listen. (2 Nephi 2: 26-30). I'm starting to see what God sees in me. He lets me learn and grow and then I go and do something I know I'm not supposed to do. 

Anyways, I love all of you!
Elder Wilson

 This made our day.

Okay I know it's blurry but it was SO BEAUTIFUL I had to take a picture of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment