I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

1 year down, 1 to go!

Except for the fact that it doesn't seem like it's been a year at all. Maybe for the people back home, but out here the time flies way too fast. The work is too exciting, too many people to worry about, too much stuff to do!! I feel like I'm just now starting to get the hang of things.

Oh, I reached the 500 car mark this week. Pretty cool seeing that I also hit my year mark this week. :) For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, well ask someone that does. hahahaha.

We got another person on date, Courtney Strong! Troy's sister. She is super solid and loves to learn. I'm pretty sure that I talked about her in the last email home but I don't have time to go back and look so sorry if I'm repeating. But she's 20 and wants to go to the family ward instead of the singles ward because she feels more comfortable there and also her brother goes to the family ward here. She's on date for May 4th which should be good. 

Quana is also on date for May 4th. She has stopped smoking, and really has that desire to be baptized. Her husband does too but he has some struggles he's still going through. But we're going to temple square with them this Thursday to go on a tour of temple square to show them what it's like. Those tours are always so good! And you can feel the Spirit so strongly. 

We found another new investigator, too! He's on date for May 18th. He's 12 years old and really really wants to be baptized. His parents are totally for it too which is awesome. :_)

We had a lot of appointments fall through this week which sucked but we're keeping our heads up high and pushing forward. There's a lot for really great potentials in our area and as we're talking with everyone we pass on the street we're finding more and more people that are willing and wanting to learn more. :) It's only a matter of time before the Lord sees our diligence and blesses us with more people to teach. Today and tomorrow we're jam packed with appointments again which is always really good but we have to make sure we are tight on the time schedule so that we're not late to every other appointment the rest of the day haha. 

There are some interesting members here in this area. A lot of cool ones don't get me wrong, but there are also a lot of the ones that are just strange. One of the members that likes to host the lessons at his house (and usually sets them up before we can say not to) that goes into WAYY too deep of doctrine and discussions that it just confuses the person we're teaching. Pretty annoying. Also he talks so long that it makes us late to the next appointment. Okay I'm sorry for venting! (notice how I didn't use names though.. ;) )
Although the really cool member's name may or may not be brother Stauffer. 

We went on exchanges this week with the Spanish Elders. Their apartment if you can even call it that is a dollhouse that the members built in their backyard. So it's a tiny bathroom, a tiny bedroom, and a tiny kitchen/living room/study area. AND IT'S INFESTED WITH ANTS. The huge half inch long ones. pretty crazy. oh and their bathroom is filled with mold. I felt like a germophobe and I'm not even close to one. Anyways, I went with Elder Durfee. He's a really good missionary. he knows the language really well and he knows how to work. I even participated in the lessons a little bit by him translating what I said into English. I know enough of the language to know where he is in the lesson. 

Sorry, no pictures this week! Hopefully there will be some next week.
Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment