I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November!

So this week, not much happened. I mean a lot did, but the main person I want to focus on is Alonso! HE IS SO COOL. He's 16, in high school, and he has a real conviction to learn more and to really soak in all that he can. We've taught him a lot this past week. We started to teach him about the plan of salvation, and he ended up having some questions that we answered. They were about faith and if God were really real or not. We bore testimony and showed him scriptures/taught about faith, and after that he knew there was a God. It was pretty powerful. :) Then at another lesson we taught him the Plan of Salvation, and then answered some of his questions about some of the commandments that he had heard about. He seemed happy with the answers and understood them well. Then we went by to pick him up for church, and he was already in the shower getting ready to go!! So awesome. So we waited, and then walked together to church. HE LOVED IT! :) It was testimony meeting, and there were a lot of little kids that day so it was a little noisy. But I was praying, Please let the Spirit touch his heart, please please please! When the last three people that got up the whole room was quiet and the Spirit was super strong. :) Afterwards he pointed to his chest and said he felt warm inside. Then he said "Man, I feel SO good right now!" I explained that that was the Spirit that he felt, and that the Holy Ghost was telling him truth. He ended up staying for all three hours! He loved all of it and the young men really took him under their wing it was PERFECT. He said originally that he would probably only go to the first hour. Which makes sense, because it seems like a long time to be at church for 3 hours. But after the first one I asked if he wanted to go to the next hour with the youth his age, and he said "Heck ya!" That was really cool. Then after that hour, I said alright you've been two hours do you wanna go home or stay? "Naw, man I really like it! I wanna stay if it's alright!" He said he can't wait until next week. He's going to go to D.I. to get a suit he said. So cool!! Definitely an answer to my prayers. :)

So that was the highlight of my week definitely. During church a guy came up to me and asked if I would speak in Primary to the little kids about how they can be a missionary and how I chose to be a missionary. So I stood up in front of all of them and told them about how if people ask them what they believe in and why they might not do certain things that they can answer and use it as a chance to be a missionary by talking about the church and inviting them to scouts or activity days or things like that. It was cool seeing all the kids' looks in their eyes :)

Speaking of missionaries, I got a letter from a really good friend yesterday telling me that they were thinking about going on a mission but weren't sure if it was right for them or not yet. Personally, I think they should. They would be a really great missionary and it will help them out a ton. But if any of you are thinking about going on a mission, and you're not quite sure if you should, GO FOR IT. What do you have to lose? NOTHING! :) (you definitely don't lose two years, (or 18 months) if anything you GAIN two years from all the experience and life lessons you get out here.) You learn how to manage time, manage money, build relationships, how to deal with being with someone 24/7 (hahaha), and most importantly you get closer to God and Jesus Christ than any other way. It is so rewarding being out here. I almost want time to slow down! I can't believe I'm coming up on 7 months here pretty soon. There's enough work here for a lifetime! Sounds cheesy probably, but there really is. :)

Have you heard "Come See the Light" by Clyde Bawden? I'M IN LOVE WITH IT. I'll try and send it to you! Ah!It gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it.

I hope everyone enjoyed the extra hour of sleep! I always think of my Dad around this time of year, he hates when it gets dark this early! ;)
Love,
Elder Wilson.


This is Elder Tuiketei! I promise I'm happy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment