I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Transfers!

It's starting to actually get cold! :) I love it! I wore a jacket the other day. BRING IT ON, WINTER!
So transfers is tomorrow, and I found out that Elder Bloomfield is moving to Murray and I'm staying here again :) And I'm training! I'm gonna have my first son! ;) I don't know his name, so I will let you know next email! We're also splitting one of the sister's areas, and white washing (bringing in two missionaries that have never been in the area before). I'M GETTING ANOTHER SET OF ELDERS IN MY DISTRICT! :) I'm excited. Elder Tuiketei (Too-ee-ka-tay). He's also training.

When we taught Lloyd this week, he is still reading the Book of Mormon and progressing really well :) He watched all of conference, and he wrote down questions that he had. ALL OF THEM GOT ANSWERED!! That was so cool :) He said he really loved conference and that he learned a lot from it. :) He's a great guy.

We stopped by Russ Howell again this week, but we weren't able to schedule an appointment until yesterday night. But that was good, he's a really cool guy. We brought Jordan Simpson with us and he really idols Russ haha. Because he's trying to learn how to skateboard and since Russ is a pro skater (the first one, actually which is super super awesome) he wanted to meet him. Anyways, Russ was talking with Jordan and he said "hey, we should get together and skate sometime!" Jordan almost fainted hahahaha.
So we went to Subway and right as we were about to pay a guy came up and said no put that on my card instead. That was super nice of him. But the main reason I'm telling you this is because his son's best friend is in the Roseville California mission!! His name is Elder Coburn. Is he in anyone's ward back home?? That would be cool.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar. We had an appointment with him on Wednesday at 6, so we invited Tom Seipel to come out with us. He said he really liked coming out with us! :) We answered a few of Oscar's questions, and then I taught the background of the Restoration, emphasizing baptism. Then after that we went to 2 Nephi 31 and read from there about how Jesus Christ was baptized and how he said to "follow me". :) which means to follow His example and to be baptized! He accepted!! :) So we set a date for October 27th, and he said he would, but that he will have to double check to make sure that works for him. Ah! I'm so excited!

We had zone training meeting this week too, which was awesome! They taught about how to get and keep people on date, which was good. Elder Bloomfield and I were the missionaries, and there was another missionary role playing the part of one of his investigators, so that we could show him how to get over the obstacle. That went really well, and Elder Bloomfield brought up a really awesome scripture that really brought everything home that we were "teaching". :) I think that missionary really got a lot out of the role play which was really good.

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING! I learned sooo much from it. It was definitely the highlght of my mission so far. Well actually I don't know about that. But it was super super super good! And the news about younger missionaries was incredible! We went to a family's house to clean off our shoes from doing service that day, and they invited us to watch conference with them. So we accepted, but the dad wasn't home yet so Elder Bloomfield and I waited outside while the family was inside. They turned it up loud and left the door open so we could hear it haha. When President Monson announced that guys can go on missions at 18 and girls at 19 the whole house erupted in screams and cheers and everything it was insane!! That was really cool. I'm excited to see how well the 18 year olds are prepared when they come out. I think they will be. And it's definitely going to be weird having sister missionaries my age. What was everyone's favorite talk?? I think mine was probably Elder Holland's. When he was speaking as if Christ was talking to us and said "Do you love me?" That was so intense! Haha. Anyways I hope everyone loved it as much as I did.

The zone went to the Saturday afternoon session together which was really cool. We took the trax (which is basically like the bart or above ground subway) to the Salt Lake City and walked the rest of the way. It was a really cool experience. I got so much out of that session! :) And afterwards Sydnee found me! Hahaha that was really strange. I didn't recognize her at first! I was like who is this girl walking up to me right now? And why is she smiling so much..? OH! That's Sydnee!! haha. We caught up for a while and took a picture (the one on her camera is better but I'm sending the one from mine too.) That was really good. And I bounced right back into missionary mode after that, don't worry mom! ;)

I felt so bad though, not talking to someone on the trax to go to conference. I saw a lady that I swear I've seen before, and it looked as if she had seen me from somewhere before too, but I have know idea where from. I really really hope the Lord puts her in my path again to be able to talk to her. I felt prompted to talk to her and I ignored it. :( :( I hate that feeling!

Hope all is going well back at home, I pray for you all every night!
Love, Elder Wilson.




 A basketball that I got. Pretty cool, eh? ;) 


For those times at night when there's nothing else to do, hahaha.


Elder Bloomfield and I


In the Conference Center!! :) 


Look how close we were for watching General Conference! :)


Sydnee found me! :) 


Elder Harvey my previous District Leader is going home tomorrow! He's really bummed about it. But I got hime to smile for the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment