I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Monday, June 25, 2012

Transferrrsssssss!


This wednesday is transfers! I heard from the grapevine and the grapevine heard it from a little birdie that I may or may not be getting transfered this week. SO we'll find out!! haha :) I'll let you know next week.

hmm where to start. alright lets start with monday! haha.
Man I love P-day. It's seriously the best day in the world!! of the week at least. haha :) we get to do laundry, email, letters and wear normal clothes to sports with the zone!! We taught Charles and Molen after zone activities, and Charles accepted to be baptized! :) Molen wasn't there so we couldn't invite her as well. But she seems really solid so we think she'll accept it. :) 
that's pretty much it for P-day haha. oh we went to family home evening at the Sharps again! They always have the best food and they're fun and spiritual and a super great family. :)

Tuesday we had district meeting and I didn't have to role play at all!! :) Elder Weier had every other companionship role play as if we were finding an investigator on the street. After that we went to Back East and that was good. It's a philli cheese stake. <--I've been a missionary too long hahahaha :) STEAK place. It's pretty good but a little expensive. Then we went to ice cream just Elder Weier, me, Elder Blanc, and Elder Wilde who are our Zone Leaders. they're a lot of fun haha. I was full so I asked if I could just get toppings instead of ice cream. the worker there kinda laughed but said it was okay. Elder Wilde got a kick out of that haha. and it ended up only being like 50 cents! :)


Wednesday the zone leaders came to study with us, so we did that and I had to role play which I hateee. I get all flustered and my teaching gets all choppy. In real life teaching, teaching real life people it's a lot easier. Nobody is judging me on how I'm doing so it's a lot more relaxed. Anyways so we went to the temple!!! We missed our temple day TWICE because we get to go once a transfer but the zone leaders didn't tell us in time. But it was an awesome experience :) I love the temple!!! We went to the Jordan River Temple. It made for a really calm and peaceful day! :)


On Thursday we had a training for all the missionaries who will either be getting trained or training. It was pretty good, and I got to learn how to teach people more. (no role plays for me! ;) ) BUT I got to see Elder Denny, Piutau, and Clark!!!! :D I got pictures with each of them so that was good. It was kind of sad at the same time though because I might not be in the same mission as they are so that will be bad. As in I won't be able to see them anymore! The mission splits at this transfer which is June 27th. I prayed to have Elder Clark in the same mission as I am but He knows best so we'll see what happens. ah!


So friday we were studying and we randomly got a phone call from the assistants to the President and they said they were coming over! So we opened the door and did comp study. At first, at least.. then we were talking and Elder Stuart the AP told me to go into the other room! So I did and I could kinda hear through the door that they were chastising Elder Weier! About how he needed to be more humble and not backlash when the Zone Leaders ask him to do an assignment. I felt bad because he really doesn't backlash or question why he has to. He has once, but that was just because he felt like he was being a babysitter haha. 
So after that we went around and contacted referalls and people we were told might want to hear the gospel. We were able to set a few appointments and set them for saturday. Four of them!! 


Saturday every single one of our appointments called and cancelled on us. :( that was pretty sad. The Zone Leaders wanted to go on exchanges with us, so Elder Wilde and Elder Weier were together and Elder Blanc was with me. But when we went to go inside to study after meeting them at their car, we were locked out!! So we studied outside hahaha. There were probably about 5 HUGE spiders that crawled on us but we just flicked them off. And Tiger our pet cat was outside just chillin and there was one of those ridiculously HUGE bumblebees flying around so he got down in prone posisition, and swatted at the bee! He got it!! hahaha. it fell to the ground and he swatted it again haha. Then he went all stealth mode on a butterfly but I think he missed it. haha. Our cat is LEGIT!
But the rest of our Saturday was super awesome!! Elder Weier's old friend from Wisconsin took us out to lunch and paid for us! We went to a place called Hire's Big H. It's basically like an upscale fast food place. Like Islands back home. It has a menu and stuff but it's a lot faster than a restaurant. Anyways it's super good. :) Then the Payne's took us out to olive garden for dinner!! To say the least we were very full saturday hahahaha. 


Gosh June is already almost over. On Sunday we went to the 5th ward, then the 1st ward at 11:30. We taught the class that Brother Sharp usually teaches because they're out of town. But it was the 12-14 year olds and there was literally like 15 kids there!! haha. There were 5 guys and the rest were all girls! There's 6 really comfy chairs in there, and the rule is that the girls get to have the comfy ones and the boys have to sit on the cold metal ones. But this punk kid named Rev wouldn't give up his comfy chair to the girls! he was being kinda rebellious the whole lesson. I think he's a good kid though don't get me wrong. We taught about missionary work and how they can be missionaries in their own lives with their friends and things like that. it went really well we felt :) I was fasting that a lady in one of our wards would be able to get the job for the job interview she has today (monday). She really really reallyy deserves it she has a hard life right now but getting that job would make things so much better for her. 
So dinner that night we went to the Hunt's, and they had such an amazing dinner!!! A perfect way to end my fast haha ;) it was meatballs on rice with this really good sauce over it. I had seconds even! ;) 


I love this work and I love being on a mission! Seeing people's lives get better by living the Gospel and following the commandments really is a huge testimony booster. I love this gospel and I love the Church and how the Church is just a gateway into how to live the Gospel in our lives. 


Thank you for all that you guys do for me! 
Until next time!! 


-Elder Wilson


With all you Californian's complaining about gas prices, 
I just wanted to attach this picture to rub it in your faces ;) hahaha :) 

We went to a family's house and they're a big of a Mac fan as I am!! ;)

Here's a picture of the Jordan River Temple. So pretty!


Elder Troy Davidson from my stake back home!! He's in my district.

ELDER CLARK!

Elder Piutau!

This is our district! Sister Osborn, Sister Hermansen, Elder Davidson, Elder Vilayvong (being held by Davidson hahaha), Elder Weier and then there's one really really good lookin' Elder but I forgot his name.

Elder Denny! 

Elder Denny! (Not standing on the curb)




No comments:

Post a Comment