I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's getting HOT!

So last P-Day, after we emailed, we went to Walmart and got only a few things since we were out of money (the mission gives us 120 per month but since I got here in the middle of a month I only got 60) so we were gonna use our actual money. So I got bread, and milk, and was going to get some more things but then this old man came up to us and was like Elders! Are you almost done shopping? So I said yeah almost.. why? He said well when you're done let me pay for you guys! So naturally Elder Weier and I looked at each other and were like let's get more groceries!! hahahha. ;) I guess that happens a lot here so that's pretty freaking sweet. The Lord really looks out for His servants!! ;)

So Monday (may 28th) we had dinner with the Sharps, and they are seriously theeee coolest family ever. We had ribs without the bones (my favorite!) Then a really rich but super good chocolate brownie cake. Then we talked for a while and had an FHE lesson about how Mormon was all alone and had to write his testimony and stuff. It got a little emotional but in a really good way. The Spirit was really strong.

Thursday was super crappy for me. haha. We had Zone conference, which is basically a meeting with all the missionaries in the zone from 9 in the morning until about 3:30 pm with a lunch break in the middle. agh! But I woke up thursday morning like a train hit me. my head was so pressured haha. and my nose kept running. So the whole meeting my nose was killing me haha. It kept running and its not like I could just go blow it! We were in meetings alll day it seemed like. I had about a mile of toilet paper (which felt like sandpaper because the church buys the cheapest possible toilet paper hahahaha) in my coat pocket that I would always take out and rip a piece off of haha.

So dinner thursday night we went to a member's house for dinner and he was a completely active member and a seminary teacher and everything, then all of a sudden he came home and was like I don't know if any of this is true anymore. I don't believe any of it. :O

So Elder Weier and I were going into that dinner thinking that it was going to be really awkward but it ended up being really good! :) And tasty too! ;)

We helped Brother Andreason (Carl) mow his lawns (he lives on a really big property of like two properties combined because he bought the house behind him and took down the fence between them hahaha :) ) He's fixing it up because its falling apart (the house). He already has someone interested in buying it! Or at least renting it out haha :)

Brianna Rowley! She had her baptism Saturday. She's 9 and really cool. Her older sister Sarah has already gotten baptized, and actually Elder Weier has been here so long that he actually baptized her! haha. I think in November last year. So now Brianna wanted to get baptized. I gave the Holy Ghost talk again, which was my choice because frankly I think it's easier. I related the Holy Ghost to a friend to her. Like I talked about acquaintances, friends, good friends, best friends, then the HG as our best friend. She seemed to like it a lot. Then afterwards the stake president gave us 20 bucks! He asked if we had a lunch appointment and we said no so he gave us some money. That seems to happen a lot here, random members giving us money. Not that I'm complaining!! It's just a lot different than at home haha. I feel really bad taking it and would rather they not randomly give us money, but I feel bad saying no too. It's just a weird situation haha.

We taught a couple named Chris and Katrina, and they took in the Plan of Salvation pretty well. Chris was a little skeptical, but hopefully he'll come around. :) This work is exciting! The spirit was really strong in that lesson.

IT IS SO HOT. 95 degrees! And we live in, let me remind you, THE ATTIC. ah!! Elder Weier and I (yes, I Dad!! ;) ) are soo sweaty up in the attic. we turn on the huge suction fan thing so that helps out a little, at least there's a breeze going through there. More like a wind tunnel actually hahahaha. It's super loud. Sunday was fast Sunday, and so I fasted that I'd be able to feel the Spirit really strongly (along with some other things) and I did!! :) I felt the spirit really strongly. I bore my testimony in the 1st ward, but I felt bad because Elder Weier got a phone call and so he went out to the lobby to take it and I said my testimony while he was out and didn't realize to tell him I did so he found out after the meeting when people thanked me for my testimony! haha. He's like "You made me look bad man!!" hahahaha :) (him not going up after I did). Anyways for dinner that night we went to a member's house but there's 3 siblings that all live right next door to each other so they blew down all the fences and made a hugeeeeee backyard! Basketball court, swimming pool, jungle gym, a shade structure (where we all ate- the 3 families and us), and it even had a mini creek going down through the middle with a cute little bridge! Dad would be jealous hahahaha. ;)

So you know how I got that bike from the pawn shop?? Well don't worry it's still a really good bike but my tire went flat the other day. haha. all of a sudden we were riding and I heard a PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH sound but I thought I ran over a snake so I started peddling faster! hahahaha. I got slower and slower but then I looked down and my tire was going flat. haha. sad. So Carl has a bike tire that I'm going to be able to use. :)

So I'm sorry that I still didn't send any pictures of the attic! Or Elder Weier hahaha. I'll try and send some later today if I can, if not then next week for sure! Btw we might be moving to another house because the Andreason's only volunteered to house the missionaries for a year and it's been a month or two past that. The address to send stuff to will still be the same though since it's the mission office.


Brianna Rowley's baptism! She's on the left with her mom and older sister Sarah

The lantern!

This is the huge fan that I was talking about! It sucks all the air through the whole place and pulls the air from the outside in so it's like a huge wind tunnel in there when it's on hahaha. 

Our hallway! Pretty small.

My study table, complete with journal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment