I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Years! [Eve]

First off, before you skim over my letter and don't read it, check out this video!! It is really good. But before you do that, are you familiar with Lot and his wife from the Old Testament? You can read two of the verses here. But basically the Lord commands Lot and his family to get out of Sodom and Gomorrah because it's very wicked and is about to be destroyed. And to NOT LOOK BACK. When they're leaving, Lot's wife looks back (spiritually as well) and is turned into a pillar of salt. She longs to still be there, in her heart. So watch the video and think of how it applies! It's pretty awesome.

You don't have to wait until New Years to make a resolution to do better, to be better. Every day is the beginning of the rest of your life. (It just so happens to be New Years day tomorrow, so use it as the first day anyways!) I love these videos.

I hope everyone's Christmas was awesome! Mine definitely was. We were able to Skype home and talk with our families. That was good to see them. Everyone looks so much more grown up! I didn't get trunky from it though, don't worry! I honestly have too much to worry about out here and too much stuff I have to get done that I don't have time to think about anything else. The rest of Christmas was really good too. We were able to spend it with the Pickles. They're an awesome family! They had us over for breakfast, and we hung out with them playing some games and stuff like that. Then we went over to a church building later on and played basketball and some other games with a TON of other missionaries. Two zones combined, so about half our mission. That was a lot of fun. I brought a bag full of candy and chocolate that we had collected over the holidays and I was pleased to see that most of it was eaten! haha. Elder Smith and I are trying our best not to gain weight. ;) 

We had MLC yesterday (Missionary Leadership Council, it used to be called ZLC or zone leader council but now the sister training leaders are invited and so obviously since it's not just the zone leaders there anymore it has to be called something else). That was awesome! We talked about how the mission is doing, and what it needs help with. We talked about who we think should be in leadership (and who should NOT be, haha), what we all need as a whole to do better at, etc. It's always really cool to be a part of that. Usually it's at the mission office, but this time we were able to go to President Moffat's actual home to have it. That was awesome. (It's pretty nice. ;) ) 

We took the Millers to temple square on Friday! That was awesome! But it was way too crowded. Too many people were there trying to see the lights and everything. But it was cool. We watched the family video with them. That was way good. They really liked that I think. They are the perfect family though. So awesome! I wish all of you could meet them. JaNeina is going to be baptized this Saturday!!! She's really excited and so am I! :) Well, and Elder Smith haha.

This week was awesome. Happy New Years!
Love,
Elder Wilson

 Merry Christmas! This was our Christmas Card

 I found the tree of life!!!

I found these perfectly shaped snowflakes on the window of the car!

The group at the party!! So much fun.

 Me and Elder Conley

 Elder Bowie and I

 Elder Bowie, Elder Leyva, Elder Wesley, and I

 Elder lamb and I

 The California group!! Elder Bloomfield, Elder Franco, Elder Nuttall, Elder Gold and I

Elder Villayvong, Elder Haught, and I


No comments:

Post a Comment