I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Yeah, winter's finally here.

I don't think it's been above freezing for the last week! But it's all good, that just makes us try to get into doors more. haha. Plus, I was always complaining about it being too hot earlier in the year so I have no room to complain! ;) I haven't slipped once, but Elder Smith has. He ate it on some ice in a parking lot the other day. But don't worry, I didn't laugh. Too hard.

Hudson got baptized!! I'll attach a picture of it. My camera died, but I knew it was low so I had brought my camera charger and so i juiced it up for about 10 minutes and I was able to take a few. He is such a cool guy. He is way smart! And knows everything about the Gospel and the Church. It makes sense though, because he has been coming to church for 6 years. But his mom finally allowed him to be baptized so he was able to. The mom wanted it to be a really small baptism, so we didn't have any talks or anything. We had to convince her to have an opening and closing song even! Pretty crazy. But oh well. He really enjoyed it. Now his brother just needs to make up his mind to be baptized..

I went on exchanges with an Elder from Australia, Elder Bowie. He's a pretty cool guy. He still says some of the Australian lingo like boot for a car's trunk, car park for a parking lot, "no joy" instead of bad luck or no luck, and just some other stuff like that. haha. It's pretty funny to hear the members try and guess what he's talking about. 

Man. Other than that, nothing really happened this week! We did pick up a few new people that we're teaching, Callie and Jesus. (hey-soos) They accepted a baptismal date for January 4th! That will be pretty cool. She has grown up here in Utah but knows nothing about the church. And he is from Venezuela so he doesn't know too much about it either. They wanted their daughter to be baptized as well, but she was only 4. And we didn't want to bring out the big guns in Moroni 8 or D&C yet. ;) They just moved in to the apartment complex we cover.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! People are always nicer around this time of year, which is good. People always offer us chocolate and cookies and hot chocolate, it's pretty funny. Don't forget the real meaning of Christmas!!

Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment