I'm currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in Salt Lake City (Central Mission), Utah! This blog will be a list of the weekly emails that I'll be sending home!


Subscribe by email if you want to be notified when I write a new email home! :)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas!

There's snow on the ground! And I heard that we're supposed to get 10-20 inches today. So that should be exciting. haha ;)

This week went by really fast. This MONTH went by really fast! This YEAR went by really fast!hahaha. I can't believe the end of the world is almost here. Maybe we should have an early Christmas. 

Anyways, this week was pretty good. Thomas is still struggling, but he has so much faith and so much desire. He is still on track to get baptized and he is coming to church all by himself! He takes notes in church even. haha :) He says that he fits in really well with the people at church and that he doesn't feel excluded which is a really good thing. A lot of times when we bring people to church, nobody says hi to them and so as a result they just don't feel welcome or like they belong. But this ward is pretty good. When we brought him and the rest of the people we're meeting with, a lot of people came up and introduced themselves to them. Which is so exciting to see as a missionary!
Tommy Watson is really excited for his baptism coming up on the 29th. He is learning a lot, and wants to keep learning more. He has a real sincere desire to follow Christ. He's always asking us is this okay for me to do? He really wants to make sure he's following the commandments perfectly! We should all try and be as good as Tommy is. haha :) 
There's a lot of other people that we're working with, but no real interesting things worth mentioning in this letter. (I'm trying to get the good things that people will actually care about! ;) )

We're having a Christmas Conference (sorry if I've already told you this) this Friday which should be good. It's as a mission,and we're going from 1pm until 8:30! There's going to be a talent show, a more spiritual talent show, a dinner, a Preach My Gospel jeopardy game, and that's all that I know for right now. So that should be fun. 

Well, I'm sorry this is so short today but I left my journal at home so I just winged it today. I hope that everything is going good back at home. I love the members out here and the soon-to-be-members too! ;)
Love,
Elder Wilson

P.S. Sorry there's not any pictures this week. I'll try and send more next week! Well there was this one I guess:

This took us the longest time to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment